Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Surgery is in Pearl's near future

       I was very lucky and got Pearlie girl in to the vet at 12:30 Monday.  Dr Meyer took a needle biopsy and blood sample from my girl. Well Dr Meyer said the growth needs to be removed. She will be having another benign growth further up her tummy removed at the same time. At the moment it does not look like cancer but that can change once the surgery is done and biopsy is read.
     How do I explain to Pearl that she is going in for surgery on Friday morning and will be uncomfortable when she comes out of it. Explain to her that she will be spending the night with a IV in her leg and sleeping in a metal crate at the vets.  How to tell her she will be wearing Gretchen's hated E-collar for probably close to a week. Oh, how my heart breaks in not be able to explain this all to her. How do I let her know that I will be there as soon as they open on Saturday to bring her home where she belongs. I am paying for pain meds' but we know they don't work 100%. If I could I would take Gretchen and we would curl up with Pearl in that crate and spend the night with her.
      Yes, I was scared when Gretchen was in surgery but Gretchen is tough.  Remember she took out her own sutures not once but twice. Pearl is my diva dog not so tough very soft around the edges. Tears rolling down my face as I type this. I so wish I could explain this all to her. I want this all to be over with and have a my healthy happy go lucky Pearl back.
     Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

4 comments:

  1. Grampy and I will be praying for Pearl. She knows how much you and Gretchen love her even if she can't say it. Big hugs coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is difficult when they don't understand what is going on. She will be so happy to see you when you pick her up on Saturday. After that she will be home with her family and you can take care of her.
    Don't you worry, she is going to be just fine. There are 3 dogs and their crazy owner that live in Canada and we will all be thinking of sweet Pearl on Friday.
    Big hugs for you and Pearl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks . It is because she has been thru so much in her short life.

    ReplyDelete

Us houndies love getting comments so please do leave one. Also, don't forget to give your pets a hug from us.