Saturday, January 8, 2011

Off to VPC

        Saturday afternoon Mom called out to us pups. "Who wants to go for a ride to Vicky's Pet Connection with me". We got all excited and went to stand by the back door. It was hard to wait for Mom to go out front and drive the car back inside the gate so we could get in the car . Finally after ages she comes back inside to get us. I was all ready to go but wouldn't you know it sisser Pearl had to have her sweater put on. Mom knows better than to put one on me. I don't like sweaters or coats.. I like to be all natural. Mom opened the back door of the house saying to us ."Go get in the car". She didn't have to say it twice for we were already headed out the door to the waiting car. The back door of the car was left open so we both jumped in right in. Pearl usually waits for Mom to help get her rear up on the seat but not this time.
      It was a long ways to VPC 15 miles.To make the trip go faster  we barked our happy barks most of the way. When she pulled in a driveway of VPC, I knew something was up cause she didn't reach for our leashes. Boy, were we disappointed when Mom said we had to stay in the car. She went in and got what she needed plus a little extra. When I saw her coming back out I quickly jumped back to the back seat from the front seat cause I not suppose to be in the front. She said the nice hound loving lady inside sent her out with some treats for us. It took Mom a long long time to open the little packet of treats. I was drooling with anticipation of what was in there. I am not a picky eater like sisser. O' boy did the treats taste as good as they smelled. As always when Pearl is around I have to share. :( I do get to have the first treat then it is Pearls turn, then me again ,etc until too quickly they were all  gone. Mom said that I waited my turn very nice this time. It hard to share , I wanted it all.
     Mom started up the car for the ride home. After we drove a way and  we were getting close to home Mom said something musical to my ears. "Do you think we should stop at Taco Taco Bell and order something?" I in my best barking voice said to her "YES".  So she pulled in to the TTB by our house . The lady in the little box had a hard time making out what Mom was trying to order cause I was being naughty with my barking. When we drove up to pay for our food at the second window that lady was laughing at us pups. She smiled when Mom told her that some of the food was for us pups which I all ready knew.     Plus I get all the tomato's cause Mom doesn't like them.
        Came home Mom shared the TTB food and us pups made sure all the wrappers were licked clean,  Boy ,did that TTB hit the spot, now I am ready to go upstairs to take a nap on our people bed . Pearl is already asleep on our cushy in the kitchen. Mom thinks she  will join me and read her from her book awhile
    So off to dream land I go. Tails Wags and Nose kisses to all
                              Dr  Gretchen May Palmer
P.S I will let Mom explain why I am a doctor in a future post.

1 comment:

  1. What an adorable post. As an avid dog lover I can understand the excitement factor when the magic words "go bye bye" are said. Our little terrier mix, although almost seventeen years old now will jump for joy when she knows she's going for a ride.

    Thanks for stopping by blog and becoming a follower.

    ReplyDelete

Us houndies love getting comments so please do leave one. Also, don't forget to give your pets a hug from us.