This pass fall Gretchen developed something called cherry eye which needed to be surgically corrected. I thought it would be a good idea to have the growth on her back leg just above the knee removed at the same time. To save me some money and time in the future.
Well..... it didn't turn out that way, she took her own stitches out not once but twice. The first time I took her back to the vet they stapled it back together. The second time they had to put her under and clean and gather up the raw edges to re -stitch it . Spent a lot more money than I wanted too. But my gosh I love my coon hounds.
These are the emails sent to the vet Dr. Meyer during all this fuss when Gretchen had her surgery .
Dr Meyer (9/19/2010)
I went to bowling this afternoon and came home to a E-collarless dog . Who decided to rip out her stitches from her hind leg. Bloody mess. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr As far as I can tell she did not touch her eye. I am bringing her in early and will leave her to get it cleaned and re- stitched. I have a DR appt at 9:15 on the other side of GR. When done I could come back and pick her up. If need be I can leave her overnight.
Natalie
My Gretchen + hated harness + much hated E-collar = one moody whinny pissed off dog.
I got home took off leash/harness and let her spend sometime out in the yard while I went in to get Diva Pearl... Got back out side just as Gretchen slipped out of her E-collar. So now when out of my sight she has the hated harness on which the hated E-collar is tied to. She is not happy with me at all. Being a mean mother is hard on me too I tell her. She gave me the look that says," I not buying it, mom". LOL
A big Thanks for letting me just drop in and leave her on Friday. I knew I was leaving her in best hands , didn't worry as much as last time. You all are the best♥♥♥ !!!!!!!
Thank God for all the over time I've been getting. Sorry but another vet bill just wasn't what I had planned to spend it on. Still glad you were there for us. Natalie
Dr.Meyer and staff...(9/26/2010)
Hey, maybe this E- collar thingy isn't that bad. My sisser Diva Pearl stays out of my way. Mom feels sorry for me and lets me have some of her good yogurt all to myself yummy for my tummy banana strawberry not that cheap vanilla I usually get. I am getting lots of tummy rubs and ears scratches. I get more of the blanket at night time. I am pissing off my nasty neighbor more cause now my barking is magnified and I can direct it at his house. LOL That is all for now cause I hear Mom and Diva Pearl coming .
Your loving patient,
Dr. Gretchie May Palmer
P.S, I got my Dr's degree in sutures removal. It was a intensive (two classes) on the spot training course.
So there you have it how Gretchen got her Dr degree.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Us houndies love getting comments so please do leave one. Also, don't forget to give your pets a hug from us.