Last night I came home from work finding only Gretchen to greet me at the door. We walked to the back door and I let her outside than I went up to get Pearl off the bed. She got up and off the bed so I came back down stairs. I heard Gretchie bark that she was ready to come in so I went to let her in. Turned around and still no Pearl. I gave Gretchie her coming in snack while again I called to Pearl to come down. She was having none of it so I just let her stay up there.
Gretchie wanted her din din and kept bugging me for it. I told her when Pearl gets her bum bum down here I will feed them both. She continued to bug me for close to a 1/2 hour. I finally notice that she had left my side, ummmmmm how come? All of a sudden I hear this weird barking and yapping and whining coming from up stairs. It was so funny to hear Gretchie up there trying to get Pearl up and off the bed. I heard Pearl jump off of the bed and her feet hit the floor. I heard Gretchie come running down the stairs only to turn back around to go back up cause Pearl wasn't following her. She did some more yapping and barking and finally Pearls starts down the stairs. Gretchie runs to me all happy ...trying to convey that she got her sisser to come down so feed me now. Finally Pearl sticks her head in the kitchen. You could tell that Gretchen was beside herself that she got Pearl to come down stairs all on her own with out my help. I start making din-din for them. I noticed after I bending over Pearl to give her a pat on the head that her head and neck were all wet...my I thought that was strange....... Oh, I laughed because that was how Gretchie got Pearl to get off of the bed and down stairs by not only barking but mouthing her neck and head. Oh, that Gretchie continues to amaze me how really smart she is.
That is the funniest thing. Dogs sure are smart, aren't they?
ReplyDelete