This morning Pearl's left eyeball was twice the normal size. Called the vet. Pearls regular vet was booked solid but the other vet had a opening 45 minutes from my phone call. Told the girls to hurry and go potty were hitting the road fast. Drove to the vet's. Got right in ... the vet thought it was a eye injury cause Pearl had dug a hole next to the rose brush and she was afraid she might of scratch her eyeball. She took Pearl in the back and measured the pressure in her eye with a new instrument they had just got in the day before. Great timing Pearls the first one to use it. Then did some tinting of the eyeball and examined the eye and decided that she has glaucoma real bad. We left with eye drops and pain med's ..drove to the pharmacy where Dr had call in prescriptions (human ones) for two more drops and a pill. The pharmacy only had the drops . They called around to another pharmacy to see if they had the pills we needed. They found some and offer to pick them up for me and drop them off in my mail box after closing their pharmacy so I would have them tonight to give to her. The pharmacist said that the going price was $70.90 but the other pharmacy was going to let me have them for the old price of $25.00 cause they brought them under the old pricing. Couldn't ask for a nicer pharmacy's. AWESOME . He also ordered the other drops which I can pick up in the morning after 10. I will have to make a chart for all these med's ...one med 3 times a day ...one med twice a day...one med once a day ,etc...
When I got home from work tonight the pills were in the mailbox. Couldn't ask for better people. Tonight it looks like the swelling has gone down some. She is in good spirits and ate her dinner and is taking the eye drops in stride. It is the pills that I have to hide in food sometime two different times... the little bugger eats the food and spites out the pill LOL We have a post -op appointment on Saturday to get her sutures out which is good cause I have to have her eye pressure checked in 48 hrs. So please keep us in your prayers. I feel so sorry for her... all these health problems for such a sweet dog.
Tears : .....( It is a good thing I am on vacation next week so I can take on the role of Pearl's nurse.
oh man!!!!!
ReplyDeleteif it's not one thing it's another for you both :(
Oh no! I'm saying prayers for Pearl. Hope the meds take care of the problem.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness. Poor Pearl and poor you. I hope she is going to be alright.
ReplyDelete