Sunday, May 22, 2011

Stubborn Dog continued

      The train goes swiftly by so I am able to turn down the street that the vet is on ...what no excited barking ?...what is wrong here?....they always bark. We finally pull into Georgetown Animal Hospital parking lot. Whew.. we made it. 
        As it is raining buckets I get out of the car run around to the other side to get the girls out. Open the back door  Gretchen jumps right out like a good girl. Try as I might I couldn't get Pearl to budge, she was putting the brakes on big time. I shut the car door leaving her sitting in the back set while I took Gretchen by her lead and walked quickly up to the door. As we both enter the hospital we hear..."Where is Pearl"?  I say that I can't get Pearl out of the car. The male vet tech comes out from the back room laughing. The three of us go out into the pouring rain to get STUBBORN Pearl. She is a very easy going dog but like her sisser she has a stubborn streak. Ha Ha Pearl.. the vet tech is strong and knows how to pick up dogs who are stubborn.  He carries her to the door and sets her down in front of it. I open the door to let her in and she picks up that diva head of hers walks in like that was how it was suppose to be done. I think she just didn't want to get those diva paws wet.
     We are told to go to room one and that the Dr will be there shortly. We barely get in and settled when in the back door of the room opens and in steps Dr Meyer. She checks Pearl out finding that a few of the sutures have been torn out. So she will take Pearl in the back re-suture them. She also put some ointment on the sutures to help with the redness/bruising. Otherwise everything looked good. Whew. No charge for the visit it was considered post-op visit included in the surgery fee.
    It was so cute of Gretchen she likes Dr Meyer but is a little leery of her since her surgeries earlier this year. Yet, when Dr Meyer was on her her knees talking to Pearl, Gretchen proudly walked over and put a paw on each of the the Dr knees then put her nose real close to the Dr nose. Smelling her breathe which says I like you. She stood like that for quite awhile. Dr loved it that Gretchen trusts her again. Ahaaa, tender moment. Way to go Gretchie.  I think that Gretchen is glad that she is not the patient this time around she is there only as a moral support for her sisser. So it was OK to trust the Dr again.
  All is well with the coon hounds for now.

2 comments:

  1. Hope Pearl doesn't tear the stitches out again. It's great that Gretchen is close to Pearl and likes to support her, even at the vet's office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. .
    Blogger lost this post of Granny but I had it in my email folder.
    Granny said "Hope Pearl doesn't tear the stitches out again. It's great that Gretchen is close to Pearl and likes to support her, even at the vet's office.
    Granny both dogs do a lot of dreaming with A LOT of leg kicking at nite time. I think that Gretchie nails got caught on the sutures and pulled them out as they were sleeping side by side.

    ReplyDelete

Us houndies love getting comments so please do leave one. Also, don't forget to give your pets a hug from us.